Wow… how quickly time goes by and how poorly we are at keeping people updated as to the blessings God has given and the progress being made here in Owensboro, KY at Gospel Community Church. It’s difficult to find a place to start, seeing as how so much has happened in the past few months, but we wanted to take a moment to let everyone know how our church plant is doing, as well as what God has done here at GCC lately. We’ll start from the beginning of 2016 in no particular order….
- Since January, we’ve baptized 3 believers within Gospel Community Church here in Owensboro!
- Shortly after returning from Christmas break, we resumed our Missional Community Groups (Grow Groups), Youth Group, and our Free ASL Classes. In the mean time, our ASL Classes have now grown to divide into two separate classes – beginners and advanced.
- In February, we celebrated our One Year Anniversary, and gathered together for a meal in celebration.
- Shortly after our one year anniversary, we began Live Streaming our church services. You can tune in on Sunday mornings by going to gospelcommunitychurch.churchonline.org .
- On Febuary 10th, Pleasant Valley Community Church (our sending church) observed Ash Wednesday, and took up an offering specifically for GCC, where $4,000 was given by the body of Christ at PVCC.
- Our Youth spent an evening in Lexington, KY while attending a WinterJam Christian Concert.
- On Valentines Day, GCC and Heritage Baptist Church combined services for one day to worship together as a family of believers and to encourage one another.
- In March, we received the GREAT news that the Sojourn Network has adopted GCC into it’s church planting network, and Gospel Community Church is NOW an official Sojourn Network Church Plant
(See here: http://www.sojournnetwork.com/gospel-community-church and learn more about the Sojourn Network by visiting http://www.sojournnetwork.com/)
- In March, we also ordained Joshua Vandgrift as our Worship Pastor, recognizing his call to ministry and commissioning him to serve GCC as a pastor.
- We had also been seeking to partner and participate with the Kentucky Baptist Convention as a KBC Church Plant since we planted last year, and we have recently been informed that we are accepted as a KBC Church plant!
- Just a few weeks ago, Pastor Danny returned from the Deaf Men’s Advance in Ohio – a national Deaf Men’s event, where he preached four different sermons in a three-day period. Three people made professions of faith and were baptized.
Keep posted here for more updates coming mid-summer as we continue to pursue the lost here in Owensboro, KY and beyond!